HoorayHR believes security to be of high importance, so we offer you the possibility to provide some extra security to your account through two-factor authentication (2FA).
This means you can enter an extra authentication step next to your password. Two-factor authentication combines something you know (your password) with something you have (an means of authentication). This is most often your mobile phone. HoorayHR uses the Google Authenticator app for Android and iOS. Someone who gets hold of your password can therefore only log in if they also get hold of your phone. By addign this extra step, your login becomes much more secure.
Do you want to disable 2FA because you’ve lost your phone, for example? Then read more about deactivating 2FA.
Also important: When you’re using our HoorayHR app, make sure you’ve got it updated to the last version so it will also ask for authentication when logging in. Go through the following steps to activate 2FA for your account:
1. Log in to your HoorayHR account
2. At the top right, click your avatar. Go to “My Settings”
3. Click “Security”. This screen shows you the Two-factor authentication feature.
4. Download the Google Authenticator app.
5. Enter your HoorayHR password once more so we can make sure it’s you.
6. Scan the code!
7. Type the code from your phone.
8. Congratulations, you’ve secured your account with 2FA!